Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekly Wonderous Moment in Comics #4

Okay, to set this up is waaay to complex, so let me sum up. A humanoid robot from the 1880's has been found in Gotham and it is claiming the fortune of it's creator. Aided by a local billionairess, Ruby Ryder, the humanoid goes to court to stake it's claim via a long-lost will.

The judge just ain't too sure about the human standing of a humanoid, soooo, Ruby offers this evidence...

After THAT wonderful piece of evidence, the judge does what any sane & righteous judge that represents the people would do...
All I know is that I want to be sitting in court the day a large robotic neanderthal gets the holy living $h!t slapped out of him by a really hot redhead with a very severe hairdo. ( I would have loved to have seen Johnny Cochran pull this one with O.J.) And then to have the judge agree is just completely wacko...

unless of course 3 things are true:
  1. It's 1977
  2. It's in The Brave & The Bold
  3. It's written by Bob Haney.
Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

3 comments:

Brandon Bragg said...

Bob Haney is the coolest. I've yet to read a story by the man that didn't make me laugh, intentionally or not.

Anonymous said...

i just wanna know how this "robot" can be from the 1880's and still be the sole HEIR to some guy that died in '77. is that like being your own grandpa?

Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Thaddeus Morgan died in the 1880's and had no survivors. Why his estate hadn't been handled through the probate courts before then, Haney only knows.