- Book: Plantation Owner
- Movie: Former Confederate Commander
- Was father to friend of Jonah Hex
- Was Commanding officer of Jonah Hex
- Son died while escaping Union fort, Jonah Hex blamed
- Son shot by Jonah Hex
- Prominent man in politics and business for years after war
- Faked death in a hotel fire
- Served in Confederacy and surrendered to the Union
- Served in Confederacy and went against direct orders of commanding officer
- Scarred by Indians after perceived violation of tribal rule
- Scarred by Quentin Turnbull for killing Jeb and then scars self to cover the original branding
- Years after being a bounty hunter marries Mei Ling, a Chinese woman
- Shortly after war and prior to being bounty hunter, marries and Indian woman
- Has a son named Jason
- Has a son named Travis
- Mei Ling takes Jason and leaves Jonah
- Wife and Travis murdered by Turnbull as Jonah watches.
- Expert marksman
- Can talk to the dead
- Spent time with the Apache
- Saved by the Crow
- Quentin Turnbull has vowed to make Jonah pay dearly for the death of Jeb Turnbull
- Jonah Hex has vowed to make Quentin Turnbull pay dearly for the death of his wife and son
In the movie, Turnbull is thought dead, is working outside the bounds of normal society and is trying to destroy the country. Hex appears to have no problems working as a bounty hunter, is vaguely sought after for 'killing' some 'lawmen' but has spent time trying to get his revenge on Turnbull.
The film is not about Jonah Hex, it uses the name as a lame attempt to cash in. The film revealed this when we learned who Tallulah Black was, a hooker (she wasn't), a beautiful woman with flawless skin (she was scarred). We got Tallulah Black in name only. We got a Jonah Hex film in name only.
I'm still waiting for a Jonah Hex film.