Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weekly Wonderous Moment In Comics #54

I picked up a copy of the original Doom Patrol at a thrift store a few weeks ago. As twisted and fantastic as the main story was, even better was the backup tale.

It was part of a multi-parter explaining the history of Beast Boy (Gar Logan) and how he was kidnapped as a child. Well, he did stupid child things like using "Me" instead of "I" and eventually stumbling upon some folks that were brainwashing gorillas to obey their every command.

If I were to brainwash some gorillas what would I want them to do?


Shoot Machine guns?Check!


Parachute from airplanes?

Check-ity Check Check!


Straddle two Army jeeps driven by other brainwashed Gorillas while waving a huge Nazi flag?


CHECK! CHECK! & DOUBLE DAMN CHECK!!

However, I see one terrible flaw in the villain's plan....
A handful of rice a day? I don't think that will cut it. I see some pissed off gorillas in the near future...

Meanwhile, here are the panels in all their glory.

1 comment:

Karl La Fong said...

Great. Love the gorilla paratroops....