The Jonah Hex corral has the YouTube link to the Jonah Hex trailer, I watched it on my iTouch and when I tried to watch it online it had been taken down. I then tracked it down on MTV and grabbed the embed code. There may be Spoilers, but you should be able to watch it for yourself tonight. I'll run through the highlights.
* Turnbull is the one to scar Jonah Hex? Why was the branding of Jonah's face changed from the original? You might ask what does it matter? I'll tell you why. Jonah being disfigured by the Chief that adopted him was one in a long string of rejections this man faced throughout his life. Having Turnbull do it changes a fundamental aspect of Jonah Hex. It allows Jonah to hate Turnbull for destroying Jonah's life when in fact Turnbull has constantly hounded Jonah for 'destroying' his.
I wonder if the change was made because there is too much back-story to the scar? They would have to show Jonah's abusive father, him being sold as a slave, the battle with his step-brother, and the 'mark of the demon'. Or was it changed because it cast the Indians in a negative light?
I feel the loss of the Indian "Mark of the Demon" allowed them to lose a supernatural aspect of Jonah that they clearly are wanting to portary.
Also, having QT branded into your face isn't as scary since a lot of folks in the south know that QT stands for QuikTrip.
* Jonah being tied to the large X is a nice nod to the current series.
* Jonah is married with a kid. But he's married to Cassie (Wainwright) who (on IMDB) appears to be either Indian of Hispanic. I don't think I even need to go into this one.
* I DO like the fact that all of the logos for the companies involved are scarred on the same side as Jonah. Nice touch.
* It appears that Jonah can talk to the dead? Hmmm, that's made out of whole cloth. The crow bit is freaky looking.
* I am liking the gatling gun bit the more I see it.
* Man in bar asking what happened to Jonah's face. Nice comic touch.
* Men kicking in cabin door, it's the military. Hex "Jeez, woman, how many men you see a day?"
Leila rolls her eyes. More stupid than funny.
* So Jonah has his own Morgan Freeman supplying him with weapons.
* Guns that shoot dynamite? Fairly cool, but I doubt the sticks of dynamite would fly without fletching (such as arrows have)
*Hmmm, some of the water has the same level of CG that the first X-men movie had. Not that great.
* Nice train explosion.
* Flamethrower, while not made back then was probably possible with technology of the time.
* Boat explosion, mine explosion, explosion in background of Washington Monument.
* Megan Fox humping. uhhhh, awkward.
* Jonah fighting Fassbender with knives, nice.
* Shot of weird freak possibly choking someone. This one bothered me. With this shot being so close to the similar shot of Megan Fox, it almost looks like the freak is also having sex. Was that the intent?
* Turnbull and Hex in a fistfight.
* Finally, Hex striking back at Fassbender.
* Semi-cute bit with Hex and Leila tied up as prisoners. First time I've seen Megan fox and I'm not impressed. Final explosion didn't look that great.
* Did I see Matt LeBlanc listed as an Executive Producer?!?!
With the possible exception of the changes to the origin and the supernatural powers, I kind of like the look of the film so far. I'm just hoping that they haven't showed us the climax of the film